The English Premier League title race could be all over this Friday, May 12th when league-leading Chelsea travels to the Black Country to take on West Bromwich Albion at the Hawthorns. Chelsea will be crowned champions with a win after they downed Middlesbrough 3-0 at home on Monday night for their third straight victory. Meanwhile, West Brom enters the match following a 2-2 draw at Burnley on the weekend and is now winless in their past six outings.
West Bromwich Albion vs Chelsea – bet365 Soccer Betting Line:
- bet365 currently lists Chelsea as the favorites to win the game at 1/3 with West Brom 8/1 and a draw at 4/1
bet365 Soccer Bonuses:
- With bet365’s Euro Soccer Bonus you can earn up to 100% more on your returns if you place accumulators on the Premier League, Champions League, Bundesliga, Primera Liga or Serie A. Place a pre-match accumulator of three or more selections on the Full Time Result or Result/Both Teams To Score markets combining teams in any of these competitions, and if successful, bet365 will add the relevant bonus to your returns.
- With the Bore Draw Money Back offer even a goalless draw is never the worst result with bet365 – if you place a pre-match bet on any Correct Score, Half-Time/Full-Time or Scorecast market for any Soccer match and the game finishes 0-0, bet365 will refund your stake if the bet loses.
- With the Each-Way First Goalscorers offer you can have an Each-Way First Goalscorer bet on any match, and be safe in the knowledge that if your player scores at any time during the game we will pay you out! Each-Way bets are settled on all goalscorers at 1/3 odds for unlimited places in 90 minutes play.
West Bromwich Albion vs Chelsea – Head to Head:
- These two clubs last met on December 11th with Chelsea winning 1-0 at home at Stamford Bridge. The teams drew 2-2 at Stamford Bridge last season with Chelsea winning away 3-2 at West Brom. Overall, the teams have met 136 times with Chelsea winning 59, losing 42 and drawing the other 35. West Brom has won just one of the last eight meetings along with four losses and three draws. The win was 3-0 at home in league action in May of 2015. West Brom also has just three victories in the past 31 encounters.
West Bromwich Albion – A Closer Look:
West Brom is just riding out the remainder of the season as they’re safe from relegation and too far back to earn a spot in any of next season’s European competitions. They’re going about things the wrong way though with a six-game winless streak consisting of four losses and two draws. They’ve also been shut out in five of those contests. West Brom enters the weekend in eighth place in the 20-team Premier League with 45 points out of a possible 105.
The team has 12 wins, nine draws and 14 losses with 41 goals scored and 45 allowed. They have a record of two wins, two draws and two defeats over the past 10 league games with seven goals scored and 14 conceded. Their home record stands at nine victories, two draws and seven losses with 27 goals for and 21 against. As far as injuries are concerned, defender Jonny Evans is listed as day to day along with midfielders Hal Robson-Kanu and Matt Phillips.
Chelsea – A Closer Look:
It would take a monumental collapse for Chelsea to blow the title now, but it’s happened to other clubs in the past. They enter the game in top spot in the league with a seven-point lead over Tottenham Hotspur with each team having three games to go. Chelsea has 84 points from 27 wins, three draws and five losses while scoring a league-high 75 goals and allowing 29 against. They’re also 14 points clear of third-place Liverpool and have a game in hand on the Reds to boot.
The Blues have eight wins and two losses in their last 10 league games with 23 goals for and 11 against. Their away record consists of 12 wins, three draws and three defeats with 29 goals scored and 16 conceded. Manager Antonio Conte has been fortunate to have a relatively healthy squad all season long in his first year in charge of the club and the same thing goes for Friday as the only question marks are midfielder N’Golo Kante, who was recently named the league’s player of the year, and goaltender Thibaut Courtois.
West Bromwich Albion vs Chelsea – Takeaway:
- There’s a great chance Chelsea will be crowned top-tier champions of England for the sixth time on Friday as they should capture their fifth title in the Premier League era.
More Reasons to bet on your favorite sports online at bet365!
- Premier League Odds for every match throughout the season.
- Champions League Odds for every match throughout the season.
- Great Premier League Odds and Soccer Betting Bonuses.
- Check out the bet365 Cash Out Feature.
- State of the art Live Event Streaming and Live In-Play Betting.
- Bet Anytime, Anywhere with bet365 Mobile.
- Have fun in the bet365 Casino with the best games and slots.