Tottenham Hotspur enters the 27th round of English Premier League action still in the title race, but all three points will be necessary when they host Everton at White Hart Lane on Sunday, March 5th. Tottenham is coming off of a 4-0 thumping of Stoke City at home last weekend courtesy of yet another Harry Kane hat trick while Everton downed Sunderland 2-0 at home at Goodison Park.
Tottenham Hotspur vs Everton – bet365 Soccer Betting Line:
- bet365 currently lists Tottenham as the favorites to win the game at 13/20 with Everton 17/4 and a draw at 3/1
bet365 Soccer Bonuses:
- With bet365’s Euro Soccer Bonus you can earn up to 100% more on your returns if you place accumulators on the Premier League, Champions League, Bundesliga, Primera Liga or Serie A. Place a pre-match accumulator of three or more selections on the Full Time Result or Result/Both Teams To Score markets combining teams in any of these competitions, and if successful, bet365 will add the relevant bonus to your returns.
- With the Bore Draw Money Back offer even a goalless draw is never the worst result with bet365 – if you place a pre-match bet on any Correct Score, Half-Time/Full-Time or Scorecast market for any Soccer match and the game finishes 0-0, bet365 will refund your stake if the bet loses.
- With the Each-Way First Goalscorers offer you can have an Each-Way First Goalscorer bet on any match, and be safe in the knowledge that if your player scores at any time during the game we will pay you out! Each-Way bets are settled on all goalscorers at 1/3 odds for unlimited places in 90 minutes play.
Tottenham Hotspur vs Everton – Head to Head:
- The two sides met on opening day of the 2016/17 campaign and played to a 1-1 draw in Liverpool. They also met twice in league action last season and drew 1-1 at Goodison and 0-0 at White Hart Lane in London. The clubs have met 172 times in the past with Tottenham winning 63, losing 55 and drawing the other 54. Everton is winless in the last eight encounters with five draws and three defeats. Their last win was 2-1 at home in a Premier League outing in December of 2012. Everton has won just three of the last 17 meetings along with eight draws and six losses.
Tottenham Hotspur – A Closer Look:
Tottenham is hoping to begin a new winning streak after their ’s 10-match unbeaten run was recently halted with a 2-0 away to Liverpool. They bounced back with a win over Stoke last week and climbed to second place in the standings. Spurs have 53 points from 15 wins, eight draws and three defeats with 50 goals for and a league-low 18 against. They’re still 10 points back of Chelsea though, but are one ahead of Manchester City with City having a game in hand.
Tottenham is also three points ahead of Arsenal, four up on Liverpool and five points ahead of sixth-place Manchester United. However, Arsenal and Man United both have a game in hand on Spurs. Tottenham has 14 wins in their past 29 contests in all competitions along with seven draws and seven defeats and have won 13 of their past 19 games in all competitions.
Tottenham is unbeaten at home with 11 wins and two draws with 30 goals scored, just five conceded and eight clean sheets. Spurs have seven wins, two draws and one loss in their last 10 league outings with 23 goals for and seven against. On the injury front, defender Danny Rose and forward Erik Lamela are both doubtful for the game while defenders Jan Vertonghen and Toby Alderweireld are questionable.
Everton – A Closer Look:
Everton is having a so-so season and enters the weekend in seventh place in the 20-team league. They have 44 points out of a possible 78 with 12 wins, eight draws and eight losses. The club has 42 goals for and 27 against. Everton has four wins, four draws and five defeats away from home with 15 goals for and 17 against. Over the past 10 Premier League matches, the Toffees have six wins, three draws and just one loss with 21 goals scored and seven conceded.
Everton is currently riding a nine-game unbeaten streak with six wins and three draws and are unbeaten in their past five away games. Manager Ronald Koeman has a few injury concerns to deal with as midfielders Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Yannick Bolasie are both out of the lineup along with defender Muhamed Besic. Everton enters the game just four points behind sixth-place Manchester United.
Tottenham Hotspur vs Everton – Takeaway
Both Tottenham and Everton need the points to sew up spots in Europe next season and Spurs still have a slim chance of catching first-place Chelsea.
Click here to learn more about bet365 soccer betting.