Arsenal’s last-ditch effort at reaching the top four of the English Premier League this season continues this Saturday, May 13th when they pay a visit to the bet365 Stadium to face Stoke City. Arsenal is attempting to reach the European Champions League for a 21st-straight year and is coming off of a huge 2-0 away win against Southampton on Wednesday. Meanwhile, Stoke was held to a 2-2 draw in Bournemouth last weekend.
Stoke City vs Arsenal – bet365 Soccer Betting Line:
- bet365 currently lists Arsenal as the favorites to win the game at 8/11 with Stoke 3/1 and a draw at 3/10
bet365 Soccer Bonuses:
- With bet365’s Euro Soccer Bonus you can earn up to 100% more on your returns if you place accumulators on the Premier League, Champions League, Bundesliga, Primera Liga or Serie A. Place a pre-match accumulator of three or more selections on the Full Time Result or Result/Both Teams To Score markets combining teams in any of these competitions, and if successful, bet365 will add the relevant bonus to your returns.
- With the Bore Draw Money Back offer even a goalless draw is never the worst result with bet365 – if you place a pre-match bet on any Correct Score, Half-Time/Full-Time or Scorecast market for any Soccer match and the game finishes 0-0, bet365 will refund your stake if the bet loses.
- With the Each-Way First Goalscorers offer you can have an Each-Way First Goalscorer bet on any match, and be safe in the knowledge that if your player scores at any time during the game we will pay you out! Each-Way bets are settled on all goalscorers at 1/3 odds for unlimited places in 90 minutes play.
Stoke City vs Arsenal – Head to Head:
- The two clubs last met in London on December 10th with Arsenal winning 3-1. Arsenal also won 2-0 at home last season and drew 0-0 in Stoke. The sides have met 104 times in the past with Arsenal winning 55, losing 25 and drawing the other 24. Stoke has just two wins in the last 11 meetings along with six losses and three draws. Their last victory was 3-2 at home in league action in December of 2014.
Stoke City – A Closer Look:
Stoke City has just one win in their past nine league outings and has two wins, three draws and five defeats in their past 10 with nine goals for and 12 against. They’ve slipped to 13th place in the 20-team league with just 41 points out of a possible 108. They have 10 wins on the season along with 11 draws and 15 losses while scoring 39 goals and allowing 52 against. As usual, they’ve shown to be a mediocre club with a mediocre campaign.
Stoke sits seven points above 18th-place Hull City and the relegation zone with just two games to go, so will be safe for at least one more season. Stoke’s record at home in league games this consists of seven wins, six draws and five losses this season with 23 goals scored and 20 conceded. Manager Mark Hughes has a relatively healthy squad to choose from, but will be without midfielders Ibrahim Afellay and Stephen Ireland for the rest of the season due to leg injuries.
Arsenal – A Closer Look:
Arsenal has now won five of their last seven games as they attempt to crack the top four. They’ve climbed up to fifth place in the standings with 66 points from 20 wins, six draws and nine defeats while scoring 68 goals and allowing 42 against. They trail fourth-place Manchester City by three points and are four points back of third-place Liverpool with a game in hand. The Gunners are also just a point in front of sixth-place Manchester City.
Arsenal has have five wins, a draw and four losses in their past 10 league games with 14 goals scored and 14 allowed. They have eight wins away from home this season along with three draws and seven defeats while scoring with 34 goals and allowing 27 against. On the injury front, manager Arsene Wenger is without midfielder Santi Cazorla is out for the season while forward Lucas Perez, defender Laurent Koscielny and midfielder Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain are all questionable for the game.
Stoke City vs Arsenal – Takeaway:
- Arsenal has to win to keep their hopes of a top-four finish alive.
More Reasons to bet on your favorite sports online at bet365!
- Premier League Odds for every match throughout the season.
- Champions League Odds for every match throughout the season.
- Great Premier League Odds and Soccer Betting Bonuses.
- Check out the bet365 Cash Out Feature.
- State of the art Live Event Streaming and Live In-Play Betting.
- Bet Anytime, Anywhere with bet365 Mobile.
- Have fun in the bet365 Casino with the best games and slots.