The Green Bay Packers head south this Sunday, September 17th when they take on the Atlanta Falcons at the Georgia Dome. The Packers were 17-9 winners at home in their season-opener last weekend while the Falcons were also winners with a 23-17 victory over the Chicago Bears in the Windy City.
Packers vs Falcons Odds: bet365 NFL Betting Line:
- Point Spread: bet365 lists the Packers at +3 points at 4/5 with the Falcons -3 points at 21/20
- Over/Under is 53.5 with both at 10/11
Packers vs Falcons Odds – Betting Trends:
Green Bay Packers:
- Team record: 1-0 straight up and 1-0 against the spread
- The Packers have gone 5-1 ATS in their past six games
- The Packers have gone 9-1 SU in their past 10 outings
- The point total has been over in seven of the Packers’ last eight outings
- The Packers have gone 4-1 SU in their past five road games
- The point total has been over in seven of the Packers’ past eight road trips
- The Packers are 4-8 ATS in their [past 12 games with Atlanta
- The Packers are 4-2 in their past six contests against Atlanta
- The point total has been over in nine of the Packers’ past 13 meetings with Atlanta
- The Packers have gone 4-2 ATS in their past six games in Atlanta
- The Packers are 3-7 in their past 10 games in Atlanta
- The point total has been over in four of the Packers’ last six visits to Atlanta
- Team record: 1-0 straight up and 0-1 against the spread
- The Falcons have gone 7-1 SU in their past eight outings
- The point total has been over in nine of the Falcons’ past 10 contests
- The Falcons are 4-1 in their past five home games
- The point total has been over in Atlanta’s last five home outings
- The Falcons have gone 8-4 ATS in their past 12 meetings with Green Bay
- The Falcons have gone 2-4 in their past six games with Green Bay
- The point total has been over in nine of the Falcons’ past 13 games with Green Bay
- The Falcons have gone 2-4 ATS in their past six home contests with Green Bay
- The Falcons have gone 7-3 in their past 10 home meetings with Green Bay
- The point total has been over in four of the Falcons’ past six home encounters with Green Bay
Packers vs Falcons Odds – A Closer Look at the Green Bay Packers:
The Packers weren’t at their best in their season-opener at home against Seattle, but nobody’s going to argue with a 17-9 win, especially over the Seahawks. As usual, quarterback Aaron Rodgers led the offense as he threw a touchdown pass and was picked off once while throwing for 311 yards by going 28 for 42. His top two receivers helped him out as Jordy Nelson gained 79 yards on seven receptions with a touchdown and Randall Cobb added 95 yards with nine catches. Nelson and Cobb should have good years again along with Davante Adams.
Receiver/running back Ty Montgomery struggled slightly as he gained just 54 yards on the ground on 19 rushes, but managed to chip in with a touchdown. The Seattle offense was pretty erratic and that was perfect for Green Bay. The Packers’ defense laid 10 hits on quarterback Russell Wilson with half a dozen tackles for loss of yards. The defense will likely have a tougher time of it in Atlanta though as they allowed six touchdowns and 493 yards in their last meeting with the Falcons when they were drilled 44-21 in Atlanta last January. The Packers were 4-4 last year on the road and went 3-5 ATS.
Packers vs Falcons Odds – A Closer Look at the Atlanta Falcons:
Atlanta didn’t overwhelm the relatively-weak Bears in their 23-17 win last weekend and the contest was closer than some fans had predicted. However it might take a bit of time for the team to get going since they’ve got Steve Sarkisian as their new offensive coordinator. Quarterback Matt Ryan gained 321 yards by going 21 for 30 and also tossed a touchdown pass. Mohammad Sanu and Julio Jones each chipped in with more than 60 yards while and tight-end Austin Hooper made a pair of catches for a helpful 128 yards. One of them was an 88-yard touchdown that gave the Falcons a 10-point lead in the fourth quarter.
Running back Devonta Freeman wasn’t at his best as he gained just over three yards a run for a total of 37 yards. But he also managed to run in for a touchdown. Fans should be patient though as the Atlanta offense will likely catch fire week by week. The Falcons were inconsistent defensively though. They recorded four sacks, 14 quarterback hits and had six tackles that resulted in loss of yards, but allowed Chicago to run 6.6 yards per rush for 125 yards. The offense should be fine against the Packers, but the defense needs to worry about stopping their opponent’s ground attack. Atlanta’s home record last season was 5-3 and 3-5 ATS.
Next up for the Packers and Falcons:
- Green Bay hosts the Cincinnati Bengals on Sunday, September 24th
- Atlanta visits the Detroit Lions on Sunday, September 24th
More Reasons to bet on your favorite sports online at bet365!
- Premier League Odds for every match throughout the season.
- Great Premier League Odds and Soccer Betting Bonuses.
- Check out the bet365 Cash Out Feature.
- State of the art Live Event Streaming and Live In-Play Betting.
- Bet Anytime, Anywhere with bet365 Mobile.
- Have fun in the bet365 Casino with the best games and slots.