French Ligue 1 club Monaco is in the driver’s against Borussia Dortmund of the German Bundesliga in their two-legged European Champions League tie after a 3-2 away win at BVB Stadion last Tuesday. The return contest will be in Monaco this Wednesday, April 19th with Dortmund having their work cut out for them. Monaco reached the quarterfinals this year after losing 5-3 away to Manchester City of the English Premier League and then winning the return match 3-1 at home to advance on the away-goals rule. Dortmund managed to reach the quarterfinals by downing Portuguese side Benfica 4-1 on aggregate.
Monaco vs Borussia Dortmund – bet365 Champions League Odds:
- bet365 currently lists Dortmund as the favorites to win the 90-minute game at 5/4 with Monaco 19/10 and a draw at 14/5.
bet365 Soccer Bonuses:
- With bet365’s Euro Soccer Bonus you can earn up to 100% more on your returns if you place accumulators on the Premier League, Champions League, Bundesliga, Primera Liga or Serie A. Place a pre-match accumulator of three or more selections on the Full Time Result or Result/Both Teams To Score markets combining teams in any of these competitions, and if successful, bet365 will add the relevant bonus to your returns.
- With the Bore Draw Money Back offer even a goalless draw is never the worst result with bet365 – if you place a pre-match bet on any Correct Score, Half-Time/Full-Time or Scorecast market for any Soccer match and the game finishes 0-0, bet365 will refund your stake if the bet loses.
- With the Each-Way First Goalscorers offer you can have an Each-Way First Goalscorer bet on any match, and be safe in the knowledge that if your player scores at any time during the game we will pay you out! Each-Way bets are settled on all goalscorers at 1/3 odds for unlimited places in 90 minutes play.
Monaco vs Borussia Dortmund – Head to Head:
- This is just the second competitive game between the two sides with last week’s encounter being the first. Mbappe gave Monaco the lead after 19 minutes while a Bender own goal in the 35th minute made it 2-0. Dortmund’s Dembele made it 2-1 in the 57th minute, but Mbappe scored again in the 79th to restore a two-goal lead. Kagawa replied for Dortmund five minutes later to make it 3-2. Both clubs are hoping to make it to the Champions League semifinals for the fourth time.
AS Monaco – A Closer Look:
Monaco entered last weekend’s French league games on top of the table with a narrow three-point lead over Paris Saint-Germain and a four-point gap over Nice. They had 74 points from 23 wins, five draws and three losses with a league-high 88 goals scored and 26 conceded. Monaco topped Group E in the Champions League group stage with three victories, two draws and a defeat for 11 points with nine goals for and seven against. Monaco is in the Champions League quarterfinals for the second time in the past three seasons. It’s also their fifth European quarterfinal overall and they’re record so far is 2-2.
Monaco is unbeaten at home in European competition this season with five victories and a draw. They’ve squared off against German opponents 17 times now with a decent record of eight wins, four defeats, and five draws while scoring 26 goals scored and allowing 19 against. Monaco has done well on their previous trips to Germany with a record of four victories, two losses, and three draws. They’ve also faced a German opponent once on neutral ground and were defeated.
Borussia Dortmund – A Closer Look:
Dortmund has won the Champions League title once before and is making their third quarterfinal appearance this decade. They’ve appeared in seven previous quarterfinals in European competitions with a mark of 5-2. Dortmund entered last weekend’s German Bundesliga matches in fourth place on the table with 50 points from 14 victories, eight draws and six defeats with 59 goals scored and 32 allowed. They trailed first-place Bayern Munich by 18 points, were eight back of second-place Leipzig and one point behind third-place Hoffenheim.
Dortmund was unbeaten in the group stage of the tournament with 14 points from four wins and two draws while scoring 21 times and allowing nine against. Both of their draws came against defending champions Real Madrid while they won Group F. Dortmund has faced French opponents 17 times in the past now with six victories, six defeats, and five draws with 21 goals for and 23 against. Away from home, they have two wins in France with four losses and a pair of draws.
Monaco vs Borussia Dortmund – Takeaway:
- The first leg of this tie was postponed a day after Dortmund’s bus was attacked by homemade terrorist bombs. It’s hard to tell how the incident affected them mentally and defender Marc Bartra missed the game due to injuries he suffered in the explosions. This game will go to 30 minutes of extra time if Dortmund wins it 3-2. If it’s still tied it will be decided by a penalty shootout. Monaco will advance with a draw or a win while Dortmund will advance if they win by a goal and score at least four times. Dortmund will also advance with any win by two goals or more.
Learn more about bet365 soccer betting.
Of course, you will find the best Champions League Odds online at bet365, but there is so much more . . .