Manchester United returns to the friendly confines of Old Trafford this Sunday, September 17th when they host struggling Everton in an important English Premier League contest. Of course, the big side story to this match is the return of Everton’s Wayne Rooney to Old Trafford and United’s Romelu Lukaku facing his old team. Man United dropped their first two points of the season last weekend with a 2-2 draw at Stoke City while Everton was thumped 3-0 at home by Tottenham Hotspur.
Manchester United vs Everton Odds – bet365 Soccer Betting Line:
- bet365 currently lists Man United as favorites to win the game at 1/3 with Everton 15/2 and a draw at 4/1
bet365 Soccer Bonuses:
- With bet365’s Euro Soccer Bonus you can earn up to 100% more on your returns if you place accumulators on the Premier League, Champions League, Bundesliga, Primera Liga or Serie A. Place a pre-match accumulator of three or more selections on the Full Time Result or Result/Both Teams To Score markets combining teams in any of these competitions, and if successful, bet365 will add the relevant bonus to your returns.
- With the Bore Draw Money Back offer even a goalless draw is never the worst result with bet365 – if you place a pre-match bet on any Correct Score, Half-Time/Full-Time or Scorecast market for any Soccer match and the game finishes 0-0, bet365 will refund your stake if the bet loses.
- With the Each-Way First Goalscorers offer you can have an Each-Way First Goalscorer bet on any match, and be safe in the knowledge that if your player scores at any time during the game we will pay you out! Each-Way bets are settled on all goalscorers at 1/3 odds for unlimited places in 90 minutes play.
Manchester United vs Everton Odds – History Head to Head:
- The teams met twice in league action in 2016/17 and played to a 1-1 draw at both Everton and Manchester. The clubs have met 197 times in the past with Man United winning 85, losing 69 and drawing the other 43. Everton has just one win in the last seven meetings along with four losses and two draws.
Manchester United – A Closer Look:
Manchester United’s three-game winning streak to start the new season was halted last Saturday when they were held to a 2-2 draw at the Bet365 Stadium in Stoke. The team now has three wins and a draw on the campaign for 10 points with league-high 12 goals for and just two against. They still remain at the top of the table though and are level on points with cross-town rivals Manchester City. The two Manchester clubs have a one-point lead on third-place Chelsea. Man United was also in action on Tuesday when they hosted Basel in a European Champions League contest and came away with a 3-0 win.
Former Everton striker Romelu Lukaku is the top scorer with four league goals followed by Anthony Martial, Paul Pogba and Marcus Rashford with two each. Last week’s 2-2 draw saw United allow their first two goals of the season following three straight clean sheets by David De Gea. The Red Devils now have six wins, two defeats and a two draws in their last 10 competitive games. The team has thumped Swansea and West Ham 4-0 this season along with a 2-0 victory over Leicester. Manager Jose Mourinho’s injury list includes defenders Luke Shaw and Marcos Rojo along with midfielder Ashley Young and forwards James Wilson and Zlatan Ibrahimovic. In addition, Pogba is questionable.
Everton – A Closer Look:
Many fans felt former Man United striker Wayne Rooney would be able to replace Lukaku’s goals this season. He scored in his first two matches for Everton this season, but has dried up. The club is struggling as it won 1-0 at home against Stoke in the opener, but then drew 1-1 with Man City and lost 2-0 to Chelsea before last week’s 3-0 home defeat to Tottenham. The Toffees remain at four points on the year and enter the weekend in 16th place on the table. They have a win, draw and two losses with just two goals for and six against. Everton already trails Man United and Man City by six points.
As far as goal scoring goes, Rooney has both of Everton’s league goals and the club hasn’t scored in its last two league encounters. Everton did play a group stage game of the Europa League against Atalanta on Thursday before we went to print. The Toffees now have three wins, five defeats and a draw in their past nine competitive matches. Manager Ronald Koeman is dealing with some injury problems as the not-available list includes defenders Seamus Coleman and Ramiro Funes Mori as well as midfielders Ross Barkley and Yannick Bolasie.
Manchester United vs Everton Odds – Our Takeaway:
- Everton needs to stop the bleeding and score some goals, but it’s going to be tough at Old Trafford unless Wayne Rooney makes a spectacular return to Manchester.
More Reasons to bet on your favorite sports online at bet365!
- Premier League Odds for every match throughout the season.
- Champions League Odds for every match throughout the season.
- Great Premier League Odds and Soccer Betting Bonuses.
- Check out the bet365 Cash Out Feature.
- State of the art Live Event Streaming and Live In-Play Betting.
- Bet Anytime, Anywhere with bet365 Mobile.
- Have fun in the bet365 Casino with the best games and slots.