Manchester City will be playing their third consecutive English Premier League home game this Tuesday, May 16th when they host West Bromwich Albion at the Etihad Stadium. Man City is still trying to hang onto fourth place in the standings to earn a berth in the 2017/18 European Champions League while West Brom is playing out the season. Man City is coming off of a big 2-1 home victory over Leicester City on Saturday. Meanwhile Chelsea won the league title on Friday when they beat West Brom 1-0 away.
Manchester City vs West Bromwich Albion – bet365 365 Soccer Betting Line:
- bet365 currently lists Manchester City as the favorites to win the game at 1/5 with West Brom 14/1 and a draw at 11/2
bet365 Soccer Bonuses:
- With bet365’s Euro Soccer Bonus you can earn up to 100% more on your returns if you place accumulators on the Premier League, Champions League, Bundesliga, Primera Liga or Serie A. Place a pre-match accumulator of three or more selections on the Full Time Result or Result/Both Teams To Score markets combining teams in any of these competitions, and if successful, bet365 will add the relevant bonus to your returns.
- With the Bore Draw Money Back offer even a goalless draw is never the worst result with bet365 – if you place a pre-match bet on any Correct Score, Half-Time/Full-Time or Scorecast market for any Soccer match and the game finishes 0-0, bet365 will refund your stake if the bet loses.
- With the Each-Way First Goalscorers offer you can have an Each-Way First Goalscorer bet on any match, and be safe in the knowledge that if your player scores at any time during the game we will pay you out! Each-Way bets are settled on all goalscorers at 1/3 odds for unlimited places in 90 minutes play.
Manchester City vs West Bromwich Albion – Head to Head:
- These two clubs last met on October 19th at the Hawthorns in league action with Man City leaving town with a 4-0 win. City also won both games last season 2-1 at home and 3-0 away. The two teams have met 149 times in the past with Man City winning 66, losing 54 and drawing the other 29. Man City has won 10 in a row over West Brom and is unbeaten in the last 13 with 12 wins and a draw. West Brom’s last win was 2-1 at home in the League Cup in September of 2010. Their last away victory at Manchester City was in February of 1980 when they won 3-1 in league play.
Manchester City – A Closer Look:
Man City is still holding onto the all-important fourth place position in the Premier League which comes with a berth in next season’s European Champions League. The club has 20 wins with nine draws and six defeats with 67 goals scored and 38 allowed. City trails third-place Liverpool by just one point and has a game in hand on the Reds. They also sit three points ahead of fifth-place Arsenal with each team having two games to go.
Man City has four victories, five draws and just one defeat in their past 10 league outings with 19 goals for and nine against. At home, City has a record of 10 wins, seven draws and just one loss with 34 goals scored and 16 allowed. On the injury front, manager Pep Guardiola has a few problems as goaltender Claudio Bravo and midfielder Ilkay Gundogan are both out for the rest of the season while defender John Stones is questionable. On the bright side, striker Gabriel Jesus is back in the fold.
West Bromwich Albion – A Closer Look:
West Brom is playing out the rest of the season as they’re safe from relegation and too far back to earn a spot in any of next season’s European competitions. However, they haven’t shown much in the way of playing for pride since they’re winless in the last seven contests with five defeats and a pair of draws. They’ve also failed to score a goal in six of those seven games. West Brom enters the game in eighth place in the 20-team Premier League with just 45 points out of a possible 108.
Southampton and Bournemouth are also level with West Brom on points. West Brom has 12 victories, nine draws and 15 defeats with 41 goals for and 46 against. They have a record of one win, two draws and seven defeats over the past 10 league matches with only five goals for and 14 against. Their away record stands at three wins, seven draws and seven losses with 14 goals for and 24 against. As for the club’s injury report, defender Jonny Evans is listed as day to day along with midfielder Matt Phillips.
Manchester City vs West Bromwich Albion – Takeaway:
- Man City needs the points to fight off Arsenal and hold on for a top-four finish while West Brom is just playing out the season.
More Reasons to bet on your favorite sports online at bet365!
- Premier League Odds for every match throughout the season.
- Champions League Odds for every match throughout the season.
- Great Premier League Odds and Soccer Betting Bonuses.
- Check out the bet365 Cash Out Feature.
- State of the art Live Event Streaming and Live In-Play Betting.
- Bet Anytime, Anywhere with bet365 Mobile.
- Have fun in the bet365 Casino with the best games and slots.