English Premier League title hopefuls Manchester City will be hosting second-tier Championship League side Huddersfield Town in a fifth-round FA Cup replay at the Etihad Stadium this Wednesday, March 1st. The two clubs met in Huddersfield on February 18th and played to a 0-0 draw. Man City enters the contests following a thrilling 5-3 home win over Monaco in the European Champions League last week while Huddersfield drew 1-1 at Barnsley in league action on Saturday.
Manchester City vs Huddersfield Town – bet365 Soccer Betting Line:
- bet365 currently lists Man City as the favorites to win the game at 1/8 with Huddersfield 18/1 and a draw at 8/1
bet365 Soccer Bonuses:
- With bet365’s Euro Soccer Bonus you can earn up to 100% more on your returns if you place accumulators on the Premier League, Champions League, Bundesliga, Primera Liga or Serie A. Place a pre-match accumulator of three or more selections on the Full Time Result or Result/Both Teams To Score markets combining teams in any of these competitions, and if successful, bet365 will add the relevant bonus to your returns.
- With the Bore Draw Money Back offer even a goalless draw is never the worst result with bet365 – if you place a pre-match bet on any Correct Score, Half-Time/Full-Time or Scorecast market for any Soccer match and the game finishes 0-0, bet365 will refund your stake if the bet loses.
- With the Each-Way First Goalscorers offer you can have an Each-Way First Goalscorer bet on any match, and be safe in the knowledge that if your player scores at any time during the game we will pay you out! Each-Way bets are settled on all goalscorers at 1/3 odds for unlimited places in 90 minutes play.
Manchester City vs Huddersfield Town – Head to Head:
- Prior to last week’s 0-0 draw, the last time these two teams met came during the 1999/2000 Division One campaign with Huddersfield winning 1-0 in Manchester and drawing 1-1 at home. Man City’s last victory was 3-1 in Huddersfield in league play in March of 1998. Overall, the two teams have met 75 times in the past with Manchester City winning 24, losing 22 and drawing the other 29. Each team has three victories, three defeats and six draws in the past dozen encounters.
Manchester City – A Closer Look:
Man City made it to the fifth round of this year’s FA Cup tournament after thumping fellow Premier League club West Ham United 5-0 in London in the third round and Premier League team Crystal Palace 3-0 in London in the fourth round. Man City has reached a total of 10 FA Cup Finals with five victories and five defeats in those contests. Their last FA Cup triumph was 1-0 over Stoke City in 2010/11.
Man City remains in the Premier League title chase as they’re 11 points behind first-place Chelsea with a game in hand. They’ve lost just four of their past 21 games in all competitions with 11 wins and six draws. However, they’ve won just 13 of their last 28 encounters. City has 52 points from 16 wins, four draws and five losses with 51 goals for and 29 against. At home this season, Man City has seven wins, four draws and a loss while scoring 23 goals and conceding 13.
They have seven wins, a draw and two defeats in their last 10 league outings with 19 goals scored and 10 allowed. City is also one point behind second-place Tottenham Hotspur with a game in hand and two points ahead of fourth-place Arsenal. As far as injuries go, manager Pep Guardiola is hoping to have skipper Vincent Kompany back in the squad, but forward Gabriel Jesus and midfielder Ilkay Gundogan are both out with long-term injuries.
Huddersfield Town – A Closer Look:
Huddersfield enters the replay still in third place in the 24-team Championship League. They have 65 points out of a possible 99 after 33 games with 20 wins, five draws and eight defeats with 44 goals for and 36 against. They’ve won six of their past seven league contests and have lost just one of their past 15. Huddersfield trails league-leading Brighton by six points and are five back of second-place Newcastle United and automatic relegation to the Premier League.
In addition, the club enjoys a 12-point lead over seventh-place Fulham and the final playoff position. Huddersfield has eight wins, three draws and two defeats at home in league action this season with 19 goals for and 23 against. Huddersfield reached the fifth round of the FA Cup by downing League One club Port Vale 4-0 at home in the third round and League One side Rochdale 4-0 away from home in the fourth round.
Huddersfield has reached five FA Cup Finals in the past. They won the trophy back in the in 1921/22 campaign a 1-0 victory against Preston North End and lost the other four matches. The club’s last appearance in an FA Cup Final came in 1937/38 when they fell 1-0 to Preston North End.
Manchester City vs Huddersfield Town – Takeaway:
The winner of this match will visit Middlesbrough in the quarterfinals of the FA Cup on March 11th. There must be a winner on Wednesday, so this game will go to 30 minutes of extra time if it ends in a draw. If it’s still level it will then be decided by a penalty shootout.
Click here to learn more about bet365 soccer betting.