Huddersfield Town and Reading will battle it out at Wembley Stadium in London, England this Monday, May 29th with the winner gaining promotion from the second-tier Championship League into the lucrative Premier League. This match is dubbed as the richest soccer game in the world due to the financial windfall the winner will receive when becoming a member of the Premier League. Huddersfield drew Sheffield Wednesday 1-1 on aggregate in their two-legged semifinal and then edged them 4-3 in a penalty shootout. Meanwhile, Reading downed Fulham 2-1.
English Championship League Final – bet365 Soccer Betting Line:
- bet365 currently lists Huddersfield as the favorites to win the 90-minute game 13/10 with Reading 11/5 and a draw also at 11/5
bet365 Soccer Bonuses:
- With bet365’s Euro Soccer Bonus you can earn up to 100% more on your returns if you place accumulators on the Premier League, Champions League, Bundesliga, Primera Liga or Serie A. Place a pre-match accumulator of three or more selections on the Full Time Result or Result/Both Teams To Score markets combining teams in any of these competitions, and if successful, bet365 will add the relevant bonus to your returns.
- With the Bore Draw Money Back offer even a goalless draw is never the worst result with bet365 – if you place a pre-match bet on any Correct Score, Half-Time/Full-Time or Scorecast market for any Soccer match and the game finishes 0-0, bet365 will refund your stake if the bet loses.
- With the Each-Way First Goalscorers offer you can have an Each-Way First Goalscorer bet on any match, and be safe in the knowledge that if your player scores at any time during the game we will pay you out! Each-Way bets are settled on all goalscorers at 1/3 odds for unlimited places in 90 minutes play.
English Championship League Final – Huddersfield Town vs Reading Head to Head:
- The two teams met twice in the Championship League this season with each team winning their home fixture by a score of 1-0. The sides have met 50 times in the past in all competitions with Reading winning 25, losing 15 and drawing the other 11. Each side has four wins, three draws and four losses in the last 11 meetings. Reading has won seven of the last 14 games with three draws and four losses.
Huddersfield Town – A Closer Look:
Huddersfield finished the 46-game season in fifth place in the 24-team Championship League. They had 81 points from 25 wins, six draws and 15 losses with 56 goals for and 58 against. They were level on points with Sheffield Wednesday and finished 13 behind league champions Newcastle United. They also finished four points behind Reading. Huddersfield won 10 games away from home along with four draws and nine defeats while scoring 22 goals and allowing 32 against.
Huddersfield won just three of their last 10 league outings with six losses and a draw. They then drew Sheffield Wednesday 0-0 at home in the playoff semifinal and 1-1 in Sheffield before advancing on penalties. On the injury front, Philip Billing and Jon Gorenc-Stankovic are both expected to miss the game with knee injuries while Elias Kachunga and Kasey Palmer are both questionable, but back in training following injuries.
Reading – A Closer Look:
Reading finished the campaign in third place in the league with 85 points. They had 26 wins, seven draws and 13 losses with 68 goals for and 64 against. They had 10 wins away from home along with two draws and 11 defeats while scoring 33 goals and conceding 48. Reading finished the season nine points behind champions Newcastle. They had seven wins and three losses in their last 10 league outings then drew Fulham 1-1 in London in the first game of their playoff semifinal and won 1-0 at home.
As far as injuries go for Reading, manager Jaap Stam appears to be in a fortunate position as Tennai Watson is listed as day to day along with Callum Harriott, who has a hamstring problem. Thirty-five-year-old Yann Kermorgant is their key player as the Frenchman had 19 goals this year and has nine in his last 10 games. Reading has previous Premier League experience from the 2006/07 season while Huddersfield has never reached the top tier.
English Championship League Final – Takeaway:
- The winner of this game will reportedly earn an extra 170 million pounds by making it to the Premier League. If the game ends in a draw it will go to 30 minutes of extra time. If it’s still level it will be decided by a penalty shootout.
More Reasons to bet on your favorite sports online at bet365!
- Premier League Odds for every match throughout the season.
- Champions League Odds for every match throughout the season.
- Great Premier League Odds and Soccer Betting Bonuses.
- Check out the bet365 Cash Out Feature.
- State of the art Live Event Streaming and Live In-Play Betting.
- Bet Anytime, Anywhere with bet365 Mobile.
- Have fun in the bet365 Casino with the best games and slots.