German Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich will be hosting Spanish giants and reigning European champions Real Madrid in the first game of their two-legged Champions League quarter-final tie this Wednesday, April 12th. The second leg will be played in Madrid on Tuesday, April 18th. Bayern Munich reached the final eight by hammering English Premier League side Arsenal 10-2 on aggregate in the round of 16 while Real Madrid downed Napoli 6-2.
Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid – bet365 Soccer Betting Line:
- bet365 currently lists Munich as the favorites to win the game at 4/5 with Real Madrid 10/3 and a draw at 14/5
bet365 Soccer Bonuses:
- With bet365’s Euro Soccer Bonus you can earn up to 100% more on your returns if you place accumulators on the Premier League, Champions League, Bundesliga, Primera Liga or Serie A. Place a pre-match accumulator of three or more selections on the Full Time Result or Result/Both Teams To Score markets combining teams in any of these competitions, and if successful, bet365 will add the relevant bonus to your returns.
- With the Bore Draw Money Back offer even a goalless draw is never the worst result with bet365 – if you place a pre-match bet on any Correct Score, Half-Time/Full-Time or Scorecast market for any Soccer match and the game finishes 0-0, bet365 will refund your stake if the bet loses.
- With the Each-Way First Goalscorers offer you can have an Each-Way First Goalscorer bet on any match, and be safe in the knowledge that if your player scores at any time during the game we will pay you out! Each-Way bets are settled on all goalscorers at 1/3 odds for unlimited places in 90 minutes play.
Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid – Head to Head:
- These teams have met 22 times in the past with Bayern Munich winning 11, losing nine and drawing the other two. However, Madrid has outscored them 33-31 in those games. Bayern has nine victories, one loss and one draw in their home games. Real has eight wins, two losses and a draw at home. Their last meeting was in the semi-finals of the 2013/14 Champions League with Madrid winning 1-0 at home and 4-0 in Germany. The 4-0 loss was Bayern’s biggest ever at home in Europe.
Bayern Munich – A Closer Look:
Bayern Munich lost their first game in 21 outings last Tuesday when they were beaten 1-0 in Hoffenheim in German league play, but bounced back with a 4-1 home win over Dortmund on Saturday. Bayern still looks poised to win their 27th Bundesliga title as they remain in first place with a 10-point-lead over second-place Leipzig. Bayern has 68 points after 28 games with 21 wins, five draws, and two losses while scoring a league-high 71 goals and allowing a league-low 15 against.
Bayern was knocked out of the Champions League at the semifinal stage in the past three seasons. They were beaten by the controversial away-goals rule by Spanish La Liga team Atlético Madrid last year. Bayern has just four wins in their past 14 European away games with three draws and seven losses so fortunately for them they’re at home in the first leg against Real Madrid. This is Bayern’s 28th European quarterfinal with their current record being 18-9.
Bayern finished as runners-up in Group D in the group stage this year with 12 points on four wins and two defeats while scoring 14 goals and conceding six. They were fine at home but struggled away with a win and two losses while being outscored 5-4. Bayern has played 53 games against Spanish clubs with 25 wins, 16 losses and 12 draws with 80 goals for and 68 against. They have 18 wins, two losses and five draws at home with six wins, 14 losses and five draws at home. They’ve also played on three neutral grounds with a win and two draws.
Real Madrid – A Closer Look:
As usual, Real Madrid is fighting tooth and nail with Barcelona for the Spanish La Liga title again this year. They enter this game in first place in the Spanish league after dropping two points in a 1-1 home draw with Atletico Madrid on the weekend and are gunning for their 33rd domestic crown. They have 72 points from 22 wins, six draws and two losses with 79 goals scored and 31 allowed. Real has a three-point lead on second-place Barcelona with a game in hand.
Madrid has now won 35 of their past 40 home Champions League games, but are in Munich for this match. Real didn’t play their best in the group stage this year as they finished as runners-up to Borussia Dortmund in Group F with three victories and three draws for 12 points while scoring 16 goals and allowing 10. Real Madrid is hoping to become the first club to successfully defend the European title during the Champions League era and is looking for their record 12th European title.
Real Madrid has met German opposition 64 times in the past with 29 victories, 23 defeats, and 12 draws. They have 22 wins, three losses and five draws at home with just four wins away from home with 19 defeats and seven draws. They’ve also played on four neutral grounds in cup finals with three wins and a loss. Real Madrid has appeared in 34 previous European quarterfinals with a record of 28-6. This is their seventh straight quarterfinal appearance and they’re hoping to reach the semifinals for the seventh consecutive time.
Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid – Takeaway:
- Bayern Munich is going after their sixth European Cup and will need to make sure they win their home leg against Real Madrid if they hope to take the title.
Click here to learn more about bet365 soccer betting.