Manchester United of the English Premier League returns home to Old Trafford this Thursday, March 16th to host FC Rostov of Russia in the second leg of their round-of-16 Europa League series. The first game ended in a 1-1 draw in Russia last Thursday, March 9th. Man United took on fellow Premier League side Chelsea in the quarterfinals of the English FA Cup in London on Monday and was beaten 1-0 after Ander Herrera was sent off in the 35th minute. FC Rostov last played on Sunday and played to a 0-0 home draw with Terek Grozny in a Russian league contest.
Manchester United vs FC Rostov – bet365 Soccer Betting Line:
- bet365 currently lists Man United as the favorites to win the 90-minute game at 2/7 with Rostov 10/1 and a draw at 4/1
bet365 Soccer Bonuses:
- With bet365’s Euro Soccer Bonus you can earn up to 100% more on your returns if you place accumulators on the Premier League, Champions League, Bundesliga, Primera Liga or Serie A. Place a pre-match accumulator of three or more selections on the Full Time Result or Result/Both Teams To Score markets combining teams in any of these competitions, and if successful, bet365 will add the relevant bonus to your returns.
- With the Bore Draw Money Back offer even a goalless draw is never the worst result with bet365 – if you place a pre-match bet on any Correct Score, Half-Time/Full-Time or Scorecast market for any Soccer match and the game finishes 0-0, bet365 will refund your stake if the bet loses.
- With the Each-Way First Goalscorers offer you can have an Each-Way First Goalscorer bet on any match, and be safe in the knowledge that if your player scores at any time during the game we will pay you out! Each-Way bets are settled on all goalscorers at 1/3 odds for unlimited places in 90 minutes play.
Manchester United vs FC Rostov – Head to Head:
- This is the first time the two clubs are meeting in a competitive series. It’s also the first time Rostov is facing English opposition. The first leg ended 1-1 in Russia on March 9th. Henrikh Mkhitaryan put United up in the 35th min while Aleksandr Bukharov leveled the game in the 53rd minute.
Manchester United – A Closer Look:
Man United is currently enjoying a 17-game unbeaten streak in the English Premier League with nine wins to go along with eight draws. They enter the game in sixth place in the Premier League table after 26 outings with 49 points from 13 victories, 10 draws and three defeats. They’ve scored 39 times and allowed 22 goals against. United has lost just twice in their past 26 games in all competitions with 23 wins in their past 37.
They have six wins, seven draws and one loss at Old Trafford in Premier League play this campaign with 19 goals for and 12 against. United is still 17 points behind first-place Chelsea with a game in hand. They’re also six back of fourth-place Liverpool with two games in hand and a point behind fifth-place Arsenal. Man United reached the final 16 of the Europa League in 2015/16, but have never won the UEFA Cup/Europa League, making it the only major European trophy they haven’t won.
They finished as runners up to Fenerbahce of Turkey in the group stage this year with four wins and two losses and have won all four of their home games in the tournament this season outscoring the opposition 12-1. Man United reached the round of 16 by beating St. Etienne of France 4-0 on aggregate with a 3-0 home victory and a 1-0 away win. United has now played 10 games against Russian opposition with a record of two wins, seven draws and one defeat. They have a win and three draws against Russian sides at home.
FC Rostov – A Closer Look:
FC Rostov has two wins and three draws in their past five matches in all competitions. They enter the contest in seventh place in the 16-team Russian Premier League. They have 29 points out of a possible 57 after 19 matches. The team has eight victories, five draws and six losses with 25 goals scored and 12 conceded. Rostov has just two draws and three defeats in their past five European games away from home.
Rostov is unbeaten in the last seven matches in all competitions with two victories and five draws. This is the furthest Rostov has ever gone in a European tournament. They defeated Sparta Prague of the Czech Republic 5-1 on aggregate in the round of 32. They drew 1-1 in Prague and won 4-0 at home. Rostov started this season’s European campaign in the Champions League by beating Ajax and Anderlecht in the qualifying rounds.
They finished third in their group behind Bayern Munich and Atletico Madrid and in front of PSV Eindhoven. They beat Bayern Munich 3-2 at home and drew twice with Eindhoven. Vladimir Granat is expected to miss the match with a shoulder injury while Aleksandr Gatskan and Timofei Kalachev are both suspended for the contest.
Manchester United vs FC Rostov – Takeaway
If the game ends in a 1-1 draw it will go to 30 minutes of extra time. If it’s still tied it will be decided by a penalty shootout. United’s record in European shootouts is 2-1 while Rostov has never been involved in a shootout. Manchester United will advance with a 0-0 draw or a win. Rostov will advance with any draw in which they score two or more goals or with a win.
Click here to learn more about bet365 soccer betting.