Manchester United of the English Premier League will begin their two-legged Europa League quarter-final clash on the road as they visit Brussels, Belgium to take on Anderlecht. The match kicks off at the Constant Vanden Stock Stadium on Thursday, April 13th with the second leg being held at Old Trafford on Thursday, April 20th. Anderlecht reached the quarterfinals by beating Apoel Nicosia of Cyprus 2-0 on aggregate in the round of 16 while Man United downed FC Rostov of Russia 2-1.
Anderlecht vs Manchester United – bet365 Soccer Betting Line:
- bet365 currently lists Man United as the favorites to win the game at 19/20 with Anderlecht 14/5 and a draw at 5/2
bet365 Soccer Bonuses:
- With bet365’s Euro Soccer Bonus you can earn up to 100% more on your returns if you place accumulators on the Premier League, Champions League, Bundesliga, Primera Liga or Serie A. Place a pre-match accumulator of three or more selections on the Full Time Result or Result/Both Teams To Score markets combining teams in any of these competitions, and if successful, bet365 will add the relevant bonus to your returns.
- With the Bore Draw Money Back offer even a goalless draw is never the worst result with bet365 – if you place a pre-match bet on any Correct Score, Half-Time/Full-Time or Scorecast market for any Soccer match and the game finishes 0-0, bet365 will refund your stake if the bet loses.
- With the Each-Way First Goalscorers offer you can have an Each-Way First Goalscorer bet on any match, and be safe in the knowledge that if your player scores at any time during the game we will pay you out! Each-Way bets are settled on all goalscorers at 1/3 odds for unlimited places in 90 minutes play.
Anderlecht vs Manchester United – Head to Head:
- Man United and Anderlecht have met just six times in the past with Man United winning four and losing two. Anderlecht was the first-ever European club Man United faced back in 1956. United won that match 2-0 in Belgium and then thumped the Belgian side 10-0 back in England two weeks later. They met again in 1968 with United winning 3-0 at home and losing 3-1 in Brussels. The fifth meeting took place in September of 2000 at Old Trafford with Man United winning 5-1. Their last encounter was held a month later in Belgium with Anderlecht winning 2-1.
Anderlecht – A Closer Look:
Anderlecht was eliminated in the third qualifying round of this year’s Champions League tournament and was sent down to the Europa League. They finished the group stage as runners-up in Group C with 11 points from three wins, two draws, and a loss while scoring 16 goals and allowing eight against. They beat Russian club Zenit Saint Petersburg in the round of 32 on the controversial away-goals rule before beating Apoel Nicosia in the next round.
Anderlecht enters this contest as the league leaders in the Jupiler League in Belgium with just a two-point lead over second-place Brugge. They have 61 points from 18 wins, seven draws and five losses with a league-high 67 goals scored and 30 allowed. Anderlecht is unbeaten in their past five games with four wins and a draw after tying Gent 0-0 at home on the weekend. They also have just two losses in their past 19 contests.
Anderlecht has five wins in their past six European matches at home. The Belgian side has met English teams 32 times in the past with seven wins, 20 losses and five draws. All seven victories have come at home along with seven defeats and three draws. They are winless on their 15 prior trips to England with two draws and 13 losses.
Manchester United – A Closer Look:
Man United finished the group stage of the competition as runners-up in Group A with 12 points from four wins and two losses while scoring 12 goals and allowing four against. United is now unbeaten in their past six European contests with five wins and a draw. They beat Saint Etienne of France in the round of 32 before disposing of Rostov in the next round. United has played just one other Belgian club in their history as they beat Club Brugge 7-1 on aggregate in the 2015/16 Champions League playoffs.
They won 3-1 at home and 4-0 in Belgium. The Europa League is the only European competition Man United hasn’t won. They reached the final eight in 1984/85 and were ousted in a penalty shootout by Videoton. United’s Swedish striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic has five goals in this year’s tournament and scored five times against Anderlecht in just two meetings during the 2013 Europa League group stage while playing for Paris Saint-Germain of France.
Man United is in fifth place in the English Premier League with 15 wins, 12 draws and three losses. They’ve scored 46 goals and allowed 24 against. They last played on Sunday when they beat last-place Sunderland 3-0 away from home. United is 18 points behind first-place Chelsea with a game in hand so will be aiming at a top-four spot. They currently trail fourth-place Manchester City by four points with a game in hand and are unbeaten in their last 21 Premier League outings with 11 wins and 10 draws.
Anderlecht vs Manchester United – Takeaway:
- United has been struggling mightily at home this season with far too many draws, so they better get off to a good start in Belgium.
Click here to learn more about bet365 soccer betting.