The most anticipated English Premier League game of the fifth round is definitely the London derby between hosts Chelsea and visiting Arsenal this Sunday, September 17th. The game takes place at Stamford Bridge with Chelsea returning after their 2-1 win at Leicester City last weekend while Arsenal downed Bournemouth 3-0 at home.
Chelsea vs Arsenal Odds – bet365 Soccer Betting Line:
- bet365 currently lists Chelsea as favorites to win the game at 3/4 with Arsenal 18/5 and a draw at 13/5
bet365 Soccer Bonuses:
- With bet365’s Euro Soccer Bonus you can earn up to 100% more on your returns if you place accumulators on the Premier League, Champions League, Bundesliga, Primera Liga or Serie A. Place a pre-match accumulator of three or more selections on the Full Time Result or Result/Both Teams To Score markets combining teams in any of these competitions, and if successful, bet365 will add the relevant bonus to your returns.
- With the Bore Draw Money Back offer even a goalless draw is never the worst result with bet365 – if you place a pre-match bet on any Correct Score, Half-Time/Full-Time or Scorecast market for any Soccer match and the game finishes 0-0, bet365 will refund your stake if the bet loses.
- With the Each-Way First Goalscorers offer you can have an Each-Way First Goalscorer bet on any match, and be safe in the knowledge that if your player scores at any time during the game we will pay you out! Each-Way bets are settled on all goalscorers at 1/3 odds for unlimited places in 90 minutes play.
Chelsea vs Arsenal Odds – History Head to Head:
- The teams met in the Community Shield at Wembley on August 6th and played to a 1-1 draw. Arsenal then won the ensuing penalty shootout 5-2. They also met in last year’s FA Cup Final with Arsenal winning 2-1. In last season’s two league meetings, Chelsea won 3-1 at home and Arsenal won their home fixture 3-0. Each team has three wins and three losses in their past six meetings. The clubs have met 191 times in the past with Arsenal winning 75, losing 62 and drawing the other 54.
Chelsea – A Closer Look:
Chelsea won their third game in a row in Premier League action last weekend with a 2-1 away win over Leicester City. They then took on Qarabag at home in a European Champions League group stage match on Tuesday and thrashed them 6-0. Chelsea was downed 3-2 by Burnley at home in the season-opener before rebounding with wins over Tottenham (2-1 away) and Everton (2-0 home). The reigning league champions now have nine points on the season and sit in third place on the table with eight goals for and five against. The Blues trail co-leaders Manchester United and their neighbors Manchester City by just one point and have two-point lead on fifth place Tottenham Hotspur.
New striker Alvaro Morata leads the way in league scoring for the team with three goals followed by Marcos Alonso with a pair. Chelsea now has six wins, two losses and a draw in their last nine competitive matches. Manager Antonio Conte will have English international defender and his team captain Gary Cahill back in the lineup after serving his three-game suspension for a red card in the opening match against Burnley. As far as injuries go, new midfielder Danny Drinkwater appears to be the only question mark.
Arsenal – A Closer Look:
The Gunners bounced back with a 3-0 victory over Bournemouth last weekend to end a two-game losing skid and goalless streak. They won a 4-3 thriller at home against Leicester City in the first match of the season before losing 1-0 in Stoke and being thumped 4-0 at Anfield by Liverpool. The Gunners now have six points on the campaign from a pair of wins and two draws with seven goals scored and eight allowed. The club currently sits in 11th place in the standings.
Arsenal is level on points with Newcastle United and four back of the league-leading Manchester sides. They also played in midweek as they took on Cologne at home in a Europa League group stage match. English international striker Danny Welbeck is leading the team in league scoring with three goals while French newcomer Alexandre Lacazette has two. The Gunners now have five wins, two losses and a draw in their past eight competitive contests. Manager Arsene Wenger will be without midfielders Santi Cazorla and Gedion Zelalem while midfielders Jack Wilshere and Calum Chambers are questionable.
Chelsea vs Arsenal Odds – Our Takeaway:
- This is a huge London derby with two title challengers involved. A loss will dent their hopes and pride, especially Arsenal’s as it would be their third defeat of the season already.
More Reasons to bet on your favorite sports online at bet365!
- Premier League Odds for every match throughout the season.
- Champions League Odds for every match throughout the season.
- Great Premier League Odds and Soccer Betting Bonuses.
- Check out the bet365 Cash Out Feature.
- State of the art Live Event Streaming and Live In-Play Betting.
- Bet Anytime, Anywhere with bet365 Mobile.
- Have fun in the bet365 Casino with the best games and slots.