One of the biggest competitions in European Football is known as the UEFA Champions League, and bet365 covers all of the action! With the best Champions League Odds you will find online, bet365 helps bring the action to you with Live Streaming and Live In-Play Betting on many matches.
Champions League Odds and Betting Previews
- French Ligue 1 club Monaco in the driver’s against Borussia Dortmund of the German Bundesliga in their 2-legged Champions League tie after a 3-2 away win.
- Atletico Madrid has the upper hand in their 2-legged Champions League qtr final vs reigning Premier League Champs Leicester City after winning at home 1-0.
- German Bundesliga champs Bayern Munich host Spanish giants and reigning European champions Real Madrid in the 1st game of their 2-legged quarter-final tie.
- Reigning Italian champs Juventus host reigning Spanish titlists Barcelona in the first game of their 2-legged European Champions League quarterfinal clash.
- Barcelona needs a 4-0 win to take the game to extra time. Any other win by four goals will see PSG advance. PSG will also advance on any win or draw.
- Reigning Italian Serie A champions and league leaders Juventus visit Portuguese side Porto this Wed. in a round-of-16 European Champions League showdown.
- European Champions League round of 16 - Bayer Leverkusen of the Bundesliga takes on Atletico Madrid of the Spanish La Liga in Leverkusen, Germany.
- Champions League Odds - bet365 currently lists Munich as the favorites to win the game at 9/20 with Arsenal 6/1 and a draw at 7/2. SIGNUP BONUS TODAY!
Champions League Standings
Group A Standings
Group B Standings
Group C Standings
Group D Standings
Group E Standings
Group F Standings
Group G Standings
Group H Standings
Champions League Final Stages
UEFA Champions League History
Introduced in 1992, the Champions League has a rich history and replaced the old European Cup tournament founded in 1955.
Spanish La Liga club Real Madrid has been the most successful in Europe with a combined 11 European titles in the Champions League/European Cup competitions. The Champions League features the elite of European soccer and is easily the continent’s most prestigious club tournament. It’s believed the Champions League Final game is the most-watched annual sports event on the planet with between 300 and 400 million TV viewers a year.
Which Clubs Play in the Champions League Tournament?
The tournament features the league champions from most of the national leagues in Europe while the stronger leagues such as England, Germany, and Spain may have up to five different clubs in the tournament. For example, the top three teams in the English Premier League qualify automatically for the Champions League group stage while the fourth-place team enters a qualifying round for the upcoming tournament. The previous winner of the Europa League also takes part in the qualifying tournament. However, the qualifying system is believed to be changing prior to the 2018/19 event.
The Champions League begins each season in July with three “knockout” qualifying rounds and a play-off round. Ten of these qualifying teams earn a berth in the Champions League group stage while the other 22 clubs have already qualified for the tournament in advance due to their standings in their domestic league.
Champions League Group Stage
The 32 team “Group Stage” runs every season from September to May with a winter break in January and February. The 32 teams compete in the first round of competition in a round-robin format with eight groups consisting of four teams. The teams are seeded when placed into the groups and no two teams from the same country can be placed in the same group.
Each club plays the other three group members once at home and once away in what is known as a “two-legged tie”, where the aggregate score over the two matches determines the final group standings. Based on the results:
- the top two teams in the group advance to the next stage of the tournament, known as the round-of-16
- the third place team in each group is relegated to the second-tier Europa League tournament
- the last-place squad in each group is eliminated from European competition
Champions League Round-of-16
The round-of-16 is a two-legged, home-and-away knockout series which is then followed by two-legged quarterfinal and semifinal matchups and a one-game final to determine the champion. Once again, teams from the same country can’t face each other in the round-of-16 but may do so from the quarterfinals onward.
More Champions League Facts
- When all is said and done at the Champions League Final each May, the European Champion also qualifies for the FIFA Club World Cup and the UEFA Super Cup, with the latter being played against the winner of the annual Europa League tournament
- Spanish teams have fared the best in Europe with 16 titles between them
- Italian and English clubs have won 12 European crowns each
- Twelve clubs have managed to rule Europe more than once
- A total of 22 different teams have won the title at least once
- Nobody has managed to win the crown twice in a row since the Champions League was introduced in 1992
And let’s not forget one of the main reasons the Champions League exists in the first place, which is money. Prize money of fixed amounts is awarded to each participating club including those in the qualifying and playoff rounds. Each of the 32 teams which reach the group stage takes home a base fee of 12.7 million euros. They’re then given €1.5 million euros for a win in the group stage and 500,000 euros for a draw. Teams advancing to the round-of-16 are guaranteed 6 million euros with quarterfinalists earning 6.5 million euros and semifinalists making 7.5 million euros.
The European Champions League winners receive 15.5 million euros with the losers getting 11 million euros. The money is earned for each stage of the tournament which means the winner could potentially take home 57.2 million euros for winning every game from the group stage onwards. Additional money could also be won if the club competed in the qualifying and playoff rounds. On top of all that, there are also distributed revenues known as the market pool which consists of television rights contracts.
At bet365 will you find the best Champions League Odds online, but there is so much more . . .
More Reasons to bet on your favorite sports online at bet365!
- Bet on every Premier League match throughout the season.
- Great Champions League Odds and Soccer Betting Bonuses.
- Check out the bet365 Cash Out Feature.
- State of the art Live Event Streaming and Live In-Play Betting.
- Bet Anytime, Anywhere with bet365 Mobile.
- Have fun in the bet365 Casino with the best games and slots.