The Spanish La Liga is coming down to the wire between Real Madrid and Barcelona once again with Real Madrid playing their game in hand this Wednesday, May 18th when they visit Celta Vigo for a huge contest.
Real and Barcelona are level on points and a win over Celta Vigo on Wednesday could go a long way in helping the club clinch the title. Real Madrid is coming off of a 4-1 home win over Sevilla on Sunday while Celta Vigo was beaten 3-1 away by Alaves.
Celta Vigo vs Real Madrid – bet365 Soccer Betting Line:
- bet365 currently lists Real Madrid as the favorites to win the game at 1/5 with Celta Vigo 11/1 and a draw at 6/1
bet365 Soccer Bonuses:
- With bet365’s Euro Soccer Bonus you can earn up to 100% more on your returns if you place accumulators on the Premier League, Champions League, Bundesliga, Primera Liga or Serie A. Place a pre-match accumulator of three or more selections on the Full Time Result or Result/Both Teams To Score markets combining teams in any of these competitions, and if successful, bet365 will add the relevant bonus to your returns.
- With the Bore Draw Money Back offer even a goalless draw is never the worst result with bet365 – if you place a pre-match bet on any Correct Score, Half-Time/Full-Time or Scorecast market for any Soccer match and the game finishes 0-0, bet365 will refund your stake if the bet loses.
- With the Each-Way First Goalscorers offer you can have an Each-Way First Goalscorer bet on any match, and be safe in the knowledge that if your player scores at any time during the game we will pay you out! Each-Way bets are settled on all goalscorers at 1/3 odds for unlimited places in 90 minutes play.
Celta Vigo vs Real Madrid – Head to Head:
- The two sides faced off twice in the Copa Del Rey in January with Celta Vigo eliminating Real 4-3 on aggregate in the quarterfinals. The teams drew 2-2 at Celta Vigo after the visitors won 2-1 in Madrid. These two clubs last met in La Liga action in August with Real Madrid winning 2-1 at home in league action. Real won both meetings last season as they thumped Celta Vigo 7-1 in their home fixture and won 3-1 away. Real Madrid has won five in a row and eight out of the last nine league encounters. Celta Vigo’s last league win was 2-0 at home in May of 2014. Real Madrid outscored Celta Vigo 26-8 in those nine contests.
Celta Vigo – A Closer Look:
Celta Vigo enters the game in 13th-place in the 20-team league with just 44 points out of a possible 108. They have 13 wins, five draws and 18 losses with 50 goals for and 63 against. They’re currently on a five-game losing streak in their domestic league and have three wins and seven losses in the past 10 league games. At home, Celta Vigo has a record of nine wins, one draw and seven defeats with 27 goals scored and 26 allowed.
However, they’ve lost their last three home contests and have failed to score a goal in any of them. Celta Vigo trails the league leaders Barcelona and Real Madrid by 43 points and sits 13 points ahead of 13th-place sporting Gijon. As far as injuries go for Wednesday’s match, Nemanja Radoja has an Achilles tendon injury and is listed as day to day while Giuseppe Rossi is out for the rest of the season with an anterior cruciate ligament injury.
Real Madrid – A Closer Look:
Real Madrid is tied on points with Barcelona at 87 with Real having two games to play in the season and Barcelona just one remaining. Real has 27 wins, six draws and three losses with 100 goals for and 40 against. They have a goal difference of 60 while Barcelona’s is 77. Real is on a four-game winning streak and has an away record of 13 wins, two draws, and two defeats. Real Madrid has scored 52 goals on their travels and has conceded 20.
Real has won their past seven away games and has scored at least once in their past 17 away matches. They’ve also gone 36 league games without being shut out. Manager Zinedine Zidane is hoping that Pepe, Gareth Bale, and Daniel Carvajal will all be back in the squad. Pepe broke a rib last month while Bale is suffering from a calf injury and Carvajal has a hamstring problem. In addition, Nacho Fernandez will sit out the game with a one-match suspension.
Celta Vigo vs Real Madrid – Takeaway:
- Realistically, Real has to win or draw this match to have any chance of winning the league unless Barcelona loses their final game and Real picks up at least a point in their season finale.
More Reasons to bet on your favorite sports online at bet365!
- Premier League Odds for every match throughout the season.
- Champions League Odds for every match throughout the season.
- Great Premier League Odds and Soccer Betting Bonuses.
- Check out the bet365 Cash Out Feature.
- State of the art Live Event Streaming and Live In-Play Betting.
- Bet Anytime, Anywhere with bet365 Mobile.
- Have fun in the bet365 Casino with the best games and slots.