Barcelona has to win their final game of the Spanish La Liga season this weekend if they hope to catch arch rivals Real Madrid and win the league. The Spanish giants will be hosting Eibar in their season finale this Sunday, May 21st and trail league-leaders Real by three points. A Barcelona win combined with a Real loss will see Barcelona crowned champions due to their superior goal difference. Barcelona beat Las Palmas 4-1 away in their last outing on the weekend while Eibar dropped a 1-0 home decision to Sporting Gijon.
Barcelona vs Eibar – bet365 365 Soccer Betting Line:
- Pinnacle currently lists Barcelona as the favorites to win the game at -1362 with Eibar +3935 and a draw at +1458
bet365 Soccer Bonuses:
- With bet365’s Euro Soccer Bonus you can earn up to 100% more on your returns if you place accumulators on the Premier League, Champions League, Bundesliga, Primera Liga or Serie A. Place a pre-match accumulator of three or more selections on the Full Time Result or Result/Both Teams To Score markets combining teams in any of these competitions, and if successful, bet365 will add the relevant bonus to your returns.
- With the Bore Draw Money Back offer even a goalless draw is never the worst result with bet365 – if you place a pre-match bet on any Correct Score, Half-Time/Full-Time or Scorecast market for any Soccer match and the game finishes 0-0, bet365 will refund your stake if the bet loses.
- With the Each-Way First Goalscorers offer you can have an Each-Way First Goalscorer bet on any match, and be safe in the knowledge that if your player scores at any time during the game we will pay you out! Each-Way bets are settled on all goalscorers at 1/3 odds for unlimited places in 90 minutes play.
Barcelona vs Eibar – Head to Head:
- The two sides last faced off in league action at Eibar on January 22nd with Barcelona winning 4-0. Barcelona has won five in a row against Eibar and has outscored them 16-3 with four clean sheets.
Barcelona – A Closer Look:
Barcelona enters the last weekend in second place with 87 points, three back of Real Madrid. They have 27 wins, six draws and four losses with a league-high 112 goals for and 35 against. They’re currently on a six-game winning streak in La Liga and are unbeaten at home in their past 16 home contests. Barcelona has a record of 14 wins, three draws and a lone loss at home this season with 60 goals scored and 15 allowed. In the past eight league outings, they have a league-best seven wins and a loss with 27 goals for and nine against.
As far as injuries go for the crucial season finale, Barcelona has a few concerns. Defender Gerard Pique is back in training after stomach problems while Lionel Messi and Jordi Alba are both listed as questionable along with Javier Mascherano. In addition, Jeremy Mathieu is listed as day to day with an ankle injury and both Aleix Vidal Parreu and Rafinha will miss the contest due to a broken ankle and meniscus injury respectively.
Eibar – A Closer Look:
Eibar enters the final weekend in eighth place in the 20-team league. They have 15 wins, nine draws and 13 defeats with 54 goals scored and 47 allowed. They have 54 points out of a possible 111 and are level on points with Alaves. Eibar has lost two in a row and four of their last six league games. They’ve won just one of those six and drawn the other. They have three wins, a draw and four defeats in their last eight league matches.
Away from home this season, Eibar has five wins, six draws, and seven losses while scoring 25 goals and allowing 26 against. As for the team’s injury situation, it looks like several players will miss Sunday’s match. Fran Rico is out with a knee injury while Takashi Inui is listed as questionable. In addition, Antonio Luna Rodriguez is questionable due to a hamstring problem and Nano is out for the remainder of the campaign with a thigh injury.
Barcelona vs Eibar – Takeaway:
- Barcelona has to win to have a chance at the league title, but it will be all for naught if Real Madrid gets at least one point in Malaga.
More Reasons to bet on your favorite sports online at bet365!
- Premier League Odds for every match throughout the season.
- Champions League Odds for every match throughout the season.
- Great Premier League Odds and Soccer Betting Bonuses.
- Check out the bet365 Cash Out Feature.
- State of the art Live Event Streaming and Live In-Play Betting.
- Bet Anytime, Anywhere with bet365 Mobile.
- Have fun in the bet365 Casino with the best games and slots.