With six wins in their last eight English Premier League games, Arsenal’s chances of finishing the season in the top four are still alive. The Gunners are attempting to reach the European Champions League for the 21st straight season and will need to take all three points from last-place Sunderland this Tuesday, May 16th. The two teams will be squaring off at the Emirates Stadium in London with Arsenal coming off of a 4-1 away win over Stoke City on Saturday and Sunderland dropping a 2-0 home decision to Swansea City the same day.
Arsenal vs Sunderland – bet365 Soccer Betting Line:
- bet365 currently lists Arsenal as the favorites to win the game at 1/7 with Sunderland 18/1 and a draw at 7/1
bet365 Soccer Bonuses:
- With bet365’s Euro Soccer Bonus you can earn up to 100% more on your returns if you place accumulators on the Premier League, Champions League, Bundesliga, Primera Liga or Serie A. Place a pre-match accumulator of three or more selections on the Full Time Result or Result/Both Teams To Score markets combining teams in any of these competitions, and if successful, bet365 will add the relevant bonus to your returns.
- With the Bore Draw Money Back offer even a goalless draw is never the worst result with bet365 – if you place a pre-match bet on any Correct Score, Half-Time/Full-Time or Scorecast market for any Soccer match and the game finishes 0-0, bet365 will refund your stake if the bet loses.
- With the Each-Way First Goalscorers offer you can have an Each-Way First Goalscorer bet on any match, and be safe in the knowledge that if your player scores at any time during the game we will pay you out! Each-Way bets are settled on all goalscorers at 1/3 odds for unlimited places in 90 minutes play.
Arsenal vs Sunderland – Head to Head:
- The two clubs last met on October 29th in Sunderland with Arsenal winning the league contest 4-1. Last season, Arsenal won 3-1 at home and the clubs drew 0-0 in Sunderland. They also met in the FA Cup in January of 2016 with Arsenal winning 3-1 at home in London. The sides have met 151 times in the past with Arsenal winning 61, losing 49 and drawing the other 41. Sunderland is winless in the last 10 meetings with seven losses and three draws. Sunderland has just one win in the last 17 encounters which was 2-0 at home in the FA Cup in February of 2012.
Arsenal – A Closer Look:
Arsenal has now won three in a row and five of their last six games as they hope to climb into the top four on the table. They’re in fifth place in the standings with 69 points from 21 wins, six draws and nine losses while scoring 72 goals and conceding 43. They trail fourth-place Manchester City by three points and are four points back of third-place Liverpool with a game in hand. This means Arsenal has to win their last two games and Man city and/or Liverpool needs to drop some points for the Gunners to finish top four.
Arsenal has six wins, a draw and three defeats in their past 10 league contests with 17 goals for and 12 against. The Gunners have 12 wins at home this campaign along with three draws and two losses while scoring 34 times and conceding 15. As for the squad’s injuries, manager Arsene Wenger is without midfielder Santi Cazorla is out for the season while forward Lucas Perez, defender Laurent Koscielny and midfielder Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain are all questionable for the game.
Sunderland – A Closer Look:
Sunderland has just two games to go in their miserable 2016/17 season. The last-place club has already been relegated and that shouldn’t really be a surprise when you combine their mediocre squad with mediocre manager David Moyes. The team has earned just 24 points out of a possible 108 while scoring 28 goals and allowing 62 against. Sunderland is 14 points behind 17th-place Swansea City and the safety zone but has just two games to go and six points to play for in the season. The team is also a whopping 63 points behind first-place Chelsea.
Sunderland has a league-worst one win in their last 10 games along with two draws and seven defeats with just four goals scored and 14 conceded. The team has been brutal at home with a record of three wins, five draws and 11 losses with 16 goals for and 34 against. They’re also winless in their last 11 home outings. As for the team’s injury list, Moyes has listed midfielders George Honeyman, Darron Gibson, Lee Cattermole and Steven Pienaar as questionable along with defender while Bryan Oviedo while defender Jan Kirchhoff, forward Duncan Watmore and midfielder Paddy McNair are out for the season.
Arsenal vs Sunderland – Takeaway:
- Arsenal simply has to win to keep their hopes of a top-four finish alive and hope Liverpool and/or Man City drops points.
More Reasons to bet on your favorite sports online at bet365!
- Premier League Odds for every match throughout the season.
- Champions League Odds for every match throughout the season.
- Great Premier League Odds and Soccer Betting Bonuses.
- Check out the bet365 Cash Out Feature.
- State of the art Live Event Streaming and Live In-Play Betting.
- Bet Anytime, Anywhere with bet365 Mobile.
- Have fun in the bet365 Casino with the best games and slots.